red currants muffins
1 cup Sun Belle red currants
½ cup softened butter (may use butter substitute)
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add both eggs and orange peel and mix into mixture.
3. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the creamed mixture and lightly blend.
4. Fold in fresh red currants.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before placing each muffin cup on wire rack.
Enjoy this seasonal treat using deliciously fresh Sun Belle red currants.