Sun Belle Blackberries
Sun Belle blackberries are a global berry phenomenon whose sales are growing by leaps and bounds in the Americas, Europe and increasingly in Asia.
- School time snack or lunch?
- Why are blackberries healthy to eat
- Sun Belle blackberries varieties
- How we grow our blackberries
- How to prepare your blackberries
- Nutrition Facts
- Sun Belle blackberries consistently taste good and are good for you – ready to eat out of the clamshell, in baked goods, blended in drinks, tossed in salads, or for flavoring savory meats and dishes. Because of their sweetness and convenience, Sun Belle blackberries are an ideal school time snack, lunch component or party treat.
Blackberries are healthy to eat.
A cup of
blackberries provides 31 percent of daily dietary fiber needs, 50
percent of vitamin C and important concentrations of vitamins A
and E, iron, folates and calcium.
Studies have shown the rich concentration of phenolic antioxidants, particularly anthocyanidins, in blackberries help the body resist cancers, contribute to heart health and lessen the risk of disabilities associated with aging, such as memory loss. In 2006 the Journal of Biological Chemistry published research results that tied the flavonoid C3G found in blackberries with stopping and decreasing the spread of skin and lung cancers in mice. Blackberries ranked number one among 1100 supermarket food items tested for their concentration of health-inducing antioxidants on the ORAC scale.
- Sun Belle’s success as the leading grower of blackberries hinges on careful selection of the blackberry varieties we grow and pack. Aketzali, our newest flavorful variety is grown in Mexico. Our focus is on large and shiny blackberries which consistently deliver a delicious balance of sweetness and tartness.
- Blackberries grow on canes. They need to be carefully picked when ripe by skilled hands and packed directly in the field. Blackberries are then quickly cooled and controlled for quality at every stage – from field packing stations, to refrigerated warehouses in the growing areas, to individual inspection at Sun Belle’s distribution centers in the United States. As with all Sun Belle berries, our blackberries are grown, harvested and shipped using best agricultural practices, conforming to all applicable laws, to ensure healthful and tasty berries. Sun Belle is committed to minimal use of non-organic inputs at the farm.
are ready to eat when purchased. Only
wash or rinse blackberries right before eating or using
them; otherwise the berries absorb water and get soft and
lose flavor. To make smooth drinks, purees or sauces, crush your
Sun Belle blackberries and strain out the seeds. When eaten whole
or in baked recipes these seeds are unobstrusive, provide a
pleasant crunch and are loaded with fiber.
Blackberries – a year around treat from Sun Belle.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 cup blackberries (144 g) Calories: 60 Protein: 1 g Fat: 1 g Sugars: 11 g Total Carbohydrates: 12 g % Daily Value Vitamin C: 50% Dietary fiber: 22% Iron: 4% Calcium: 4%