Blackberry Waldorf Salad with Blackberry Vinagrette Drizzle
Ingredients1-1/2 cups shelled walnuts
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
grated peel and juice of 1 small lemon, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
2 stalks celery
1 granny smith apple
2 gala apples
1 cup golden raisins
18 ounces Sun Belle blackberries (4 cups), divided
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoons dried tarragon
1/4 cup olive oil
Instructions1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Toast walnuts for ten minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, honey and half each of the grated lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
3. Chop celery into 1/4 inch pieces.
4. Core apples and chop into 1/2 inch cubes, leaving the skin on.
5. Fold apples, celery, raisins and 3 cups of blackberries into the yogurt dressing. Stir in the walnuts.
6. To make the vinaigrette, puree in a blender 1 cup blackberries, mustard, vinegar, tarragon and the remaining grated lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add olive oil slowly, blending until emulsified.
7. To serve, scoop the salad onto individual plates. Drizzle vinaigrette around and over each.