Black & Blue Party Trifle
Ingredients2 boxes vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 ounces each)
4 cups milk
1/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 16-ounce pound cake
18 ounces Sun Belle blackberries (4 cups), plus more for garnish
24 ounces Sun Belle blueberries (5 cups), plus more for garnish
one 14 to 15 ounce can whipped cream
fresh mint for garnish
Instructions1. Prepare pudding according to package directions, using milk.
2. Mix orange and lemon juices with vanilla.
3. Cut cake into 1/2-inch cubes (about 120 pieces).
4. Layer a third of the cake pieces in the bottom of a 4-quart glass bowl.
5. Spoon a third of the juice mix over the cake.
6. Scatter a third of the berries over the moistened cake, placing berries along the outer edge of the bowl to highlight layering.
7. Spread a third of the pudding over the berries.
8. Spray a 1-inch layer of whipped cream over the berries.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 8 above two more times until ingredients are all used.
10. Decorate the final whipped cream layer with berries and mint sprigs.
Tip: If the bowl flares out, use less cake, juice and pudding in the first layer and more in the third. To make individual servings, the trifle can be assembled in individual stemmed glasses for an elegant presentation.