Berry Chocolate Cake
1 stick unsalted margarine, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
3 tbsp all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk plus 3 large egg whites, room temperature, divided
1/4 cup powdered sugar, garnish
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 1/2 cups raspberries or blueberries
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the pan with the margarine and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Melt the margarine and chocolate in a bowl set over a double boiler (bowl over simmering water), stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and whisk in 3/4 cup sugar.
2. Slowly whisk in egg yolk, then cocoa powder and salt.
3. Beat egg whites with a mixer on medium speed until foamy. Raise speed to medium-high, gradually beat in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and beat until soft, glossy peaks form, about 4 minutes.
4. Gently, fold the flour into your chocolate mixture with a rubber spatula then fold in the egg whites.
5. Transfer the batter into your greased pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
6. Let the cake cool. Top with berries and dust with powdered sugar before serving.